Mission & Ministries
Our church is committed to serving the advancement of Christ’s kingdom through prayer and financial giving. We devote approximately 50% of our annual budget to missions giving. Currently, we contribute to a variety of churches and ministries including:
- Starting new churches locally and throughout the world
- Ongoing support of existing churches in need of operating funds
- Evangelistic and teaching missions
- Ministry to military and internationals
- Campus ministries in Northern New England
- Poverty relief for families in need
- Help for those recovering from the sex trade
- Linguistic research for unwritten languages and Bible translation
- Mission agency technical support
- Care for the widows of former ministers
- Denominational support for the agencies of the PCA
Monthly Family Meal
We have a food theme for each monthly dinner such as Italian, Mexican, Soups, Chilis, etc. and the food is provided by members of our congregation. The Church buys turkeys for the November dinner and hams for the April dinner as well as all of the paper goods for these meals.
A sign up sheet is posted outside the kitchen area a couple of weeks ahead of time listing the theme and the food that is needed. We are always looking for new people to join the “regulars” in preparing or buying food for these fun events! If you would like to participate but have questions, feel free to contact Janet Rohrdanz (603-686-2495).
Our kitchen is equipped with 2 stoves, 2 microwaves, and a large refrigerator; feel free to bring your hot item right in your crockpot! We have electrical outlets for multiple crockpots.
Our church has established a fund to help individuals and families in financial distress who are residents in our local community. The Outreach Committee consists of several church members who oversee the distribution of these funds. We become aware of needs either from individuals who call the church looking for assistance, or from church members who bring needs to our attention, or from local welfare offices with whom we occasionally partner in addressing cases of hardship. If you know of any individuals or families whom we might be able to assist, please call EPC at 603-772-7475 and ask that someone from the Committee contact you. The Outreach Fund is financed completely by donations designated for this fund. If you would like to contribute financially to this ministry of mercy, please place in the offering a check payable to Exeter Presbyterian Church with “Outreach Committee” written on the memo line.